Friday, May 4, 2018

Interview with M.J. Abrams, author of Chubby Wubbles

Title: Chubby Wubbles: A Ferret’s Tale
Author: M.J. Abrams
Publisher: Trafford
Genre: Juvenile Fiction
Format: Ebook
A delightful story about the adventures of a young man and a mischievous ferret awaits in Chubby Wubbles!
This vibrant picture book tells a compelling story about the bond that develops between them. As the story unfolds, their loneliness leads to a fateful meeting and a growing friendship. Together they embark on an exciting journey that progresses with lots of humor, fun, and unexpected drama along the way. Chubby Wubbles will warm the hearts of children everywhere!

Question #1 - What was the hardest part about writing your book?
The hardest part was accepting criticism after feeling that your story was perfect. Any criticism always ended up as a positive, because it highlighted certain areas that needed improvement to move forward.
Question #2 - Do you have a favorite excerpt from the book? If so, can you share it?
Chubby wondered what happened to Coco. Would he ever see her again? “I miss her so much” he sighed tearfully.
Question #3 - What do you hope readers will take away after reading the book?
I hope readers who are unfamiliar with ferrets, come away with a better understanding of their personality and behavior after reading my book. I also hope that those who read the book, find the story helpful and inspiring for their relationships with pets.

Question #4 - Who or what is the inspiration for the book?

I was inspired to write my book because it was something I always thought I could do, and it was an ambition of mine. I perceived an interesting story developing after observing several incidents and interaction involving my son and his pet ferrets and decided to write a story about them.

Question #5 - Have you had a mentor? If so, can you talk about them a little?

I didn’t have a mentor in my life, but try to follow the ideals of some of the inspiring people and friends that I admire.

Question #6 - I have heard it said in order to be a good writer, you have to be a reader as well? Do you find this to be true? And if you are a reader, do you have a favorite genre and/or author?

I don’t think that’s true. I wasn’t necessarily a good reader, but when I wrote my book, it came from my heart, and I had a good editor. I don’t have a favorite genre. I read almost anything that catches my interest. I enjoyed reading books authored by J. D. Salinger.

After being an observer and non-pet owner, I was thrown into the mix because my son was leaving and I couldn’t bear the thought of him having to give up his pet ferret to someone else. Since I’ve grown so attached to this lovable critter, I agreed to take care of him while he was away. Because of the many experiences my son has had with this adorably sweet animal, I decided to write a children’s book based on a true story about their adventures and misadventures.

No comments: